About Scott Bier
Scott is an executive with over 20 years of leadership; integrity; a strong work ethic; and seasoned experience in accounting and finance as a CFO/Treasurer/Secretary for public companies. His industry experience includes manufacturing, international operations, retail and non-profit. Scott is a results oriented financial executive with both strong leadership and hands-on financial skills, Scott has a proven ability to solve problems and add value to your organization. His areas of expertise include:
- Strategic planning and budgeting
- Assessing and improving the bottom line
- Increasing cash flow and managing accounts receivable
- Improving the accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting
- Internal controls, risk management, and compliance plans
- Banking and auditor relations
- Accounting, reporting, credit and internal control
- Risk management and insurance
- International operations
- Management information systems
- Board governance and reporting
- SEC reporting and compliance
- M&A transactions and related due diligence
Prior to joining B2B CFO®;, Scott was the CFO/Treasurer and Secretary for a Aldila Inc., with revenues ranging from $40-$70 million over his time there. Aldila was previously a public company until the sale of the Company to a private party. Scott was a key member in the team that helped sell the Company and led the transition under the new ownership. Prior to his position at Aldila, he held positions at Deloitte, Science Applications International Corp. (“SAIC”) and the United States Air Force (as a budget analyst, assistant to comptroller). Overall Scott has more than 30 years of accounting, finance and budgeting expertise.
Scott graduated and received a BS in business administration with an emphasis in accounting from San Diego State University, cum laude, and a MBA from Regis University. He is a California licensed CPA (inactive).
Scott’s community is very important to him and he volunteers his time as a member of the UPSES, Inc. and as a Director of Albion SC (since 2008).
- San Diego State University, BS in Business Adminstration, emphasis in accounting, cum laude
- Regis University, MBA
Certificates & Licenses:
- CPA (Licensed in California, inactive)
- FENG (Financial Executives Networking Group)
- Albion SC (Director)