Providing CFO services and Business Transition Services in San Diego and Orange County
Escondido, CA CFO
31 Years of Experience
San Diego State University, Brigham Young University
Certificates & Licenses:
Contact Cheryl Bonnet and receive a free Discovery Analysis™
- A confidential meeting with the business owner(s), then interview company staff.
- Look at the company’s financial information and computer systems.
- Benchmark financial information against industry averages.
- Create a confidential report of our findings in The Strategy Gameplan™
Cheryl is an experienced executive with over 25 years of financial management and operational experience as a CFO, Vice President of Finance, and Controller for public and private companies ranging from start-ups to businesses with annual revenues in excess of $300 million. Her industry experience includes construction, real estate investment, healthcare, retail, manufacturing, and non-profit.
She is expert at quickly assessing the key indicators that drive success in any business model. Cheryl uses this knowledge to help business owners develop processes, systems, and financial reporting that increase cash and drive bottom line results. She has experience working with emerging businesses, financial turnarounds, and businesses experiencing rapid growth. Her expertise includes:
- Strategic planning and budgeting
- Assessing and improving the bottom line
- Increasing cash flow and managing accounts receivable
- Improving the accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting
- Reengineering core business and financial processes
- Internal controls, risk management, and compliance plans
- Negotiating and administering favorable contracts
- Information technology to reduce costs and improve management reporting
- Government contracting and public works projects compliance
- Banking and auditor relations
- Investment policies and procedures
- Board governance and relations
Prior to joining B2B CFO®, Cheryl held the positions of VP of Finance and Administration at Paul Ecke Ranch, CFO of Scripps Investments & Loans, Inc., Vice President of Finance and Business Development of San Diego Hospice and The Institute for Palliative Medicine, and Controller of Alvarado Hospital. Most recently, she was the CFO and partial owner in a successful commercial construction company. Cheryl has led companies through financial turnarounds and managed company wide reengineering efforts that have saved the companies she worked for millions of dollars. She is credited with recouping $950,000 from a government agency as the result of her persistence during a three year Office of Inspector General (OIG) audit. Cheryl is a results oriented executive who has served as a board member for various organizations and participated at the national level in the development of government cost reporting standards and industry benchmarking.
Cheryl earned a Masters of Business Administration from San Diego State University and a Bachelor's Degree in Business Management from Brigham Young University. She is currently serving as the President of the BYU Management Society, San Diego. The mission of the organization is to promote moral and ethical leadership throughout the world. Cheryl has completed the Integrity Coaching program and coaches new B2B CFO® partners to help them be successful in their first six months with the firm. She enjoys teaching a children's class on Sunday for her church and previously served in the youth program for ten years. Cheryl and her husband Chris have been married for 24 years and reside in Escondido, CA.