When Should an Entrepreneur Hire a CFO?
December 9, 2011
By Kimberly Danek
Not every small business or company requires the services for a Chief Finance Officer or CFO, and as such, it is important that an entrepreneur knows the right time to hire one. To hire or not to hire a full-time CFO is dependent on many factors.… Read more >
When was the last time your business had a check-up by someone outside your internal organization?
1. Do your bankers and lenders trust your internal financial statements?
2. Are your internal financial statements prepared without errors?
3. Does your internal accounting staff understand your financial statements from an accounting, income tax, business and industry perspective?… Read more >
The author is an Entrepreneur contributor. The opinions expressed are those of the writer.
About the Author: Jim Joseph is the North American president of New York-based communications agency Cohn & Wolfe, part of the media company WPP Group PLC. He is the author of three books, including the latest, The Personal Experience Effect (Happy About 2013).… Read more >
On November 6, California voters approved propositions that:
• Temporarily increase personal income and sales and use tax rates;
• Mandate the previously optional single-sales factor apportionment formula for corporate income tax; and
• Approved a new gross receipts tax for the City of San Francisco, to take effect in tax year 2014.… Read more >
Professional alliance offers more holistic approach for business owners
Morgan Stanley Smith Barney has announced a new national alliance with B2B CFO®, the largest CFO services firm in the United States. This agreement provides an innovative blueprint for a coordinated effort to meet both the corporate and personal wealth management needs of privately held businesses and their owners.… Read more >